Commitment To Quality
Commitment To Quality Frame Supported Tension Membrane Structures
Rubb is a quality and engineering driven company. We have been certified to the ISO 9001 quality standard since 1997.
Over the last twenty-five years, Rubb has grown into an international group of companies with complete engineering and production facilities in Norway, Great Britain, and the United States.
We service and support our products directly. This gives us total control over the manufacturing and service process and ensures that Rubb is accountable to the customer before and after the sale. The Rubb group of companies has become one of the largest and foremost manufacturers of fabric tension structures in the world.
What Makes Rubb Buildings Different?
Designed to Meet or Exceed Code
- Building range products designed strictly to building code requirements
- Minimum roof live load is 12 psf per ASCE 7-05 plus customer specified collateral load
- Ground snow load capability per code specification up to 100 psf or greater
- Wind load capacity up to 140 mph 3 second gust or greater
- Rubb structural framework is structurally independent of the membrane cladding and does not rely on the cladding to brace framing members
- Experienced, qualified and responsible in-house design and engineering capability
- Rubb chief engineer - PE w/25+ years experience at Rubb and MS in structural engineering
Choice of Materials and Detailing
- All welded structural steel components post-production are hot-dip galvanized to the ASTM A-123 standard after fabrication to provide superior corrosion protection
- Standard 28 oz/sy PVC coated polyester membrane with PVDF top finish, complete fire safety testing certifications and a proven record of reliability
- Flange joints, cable elements, hardware and trim finishes properly sized and detailed
- Structural trusses properly braced with horizontal purlins and frames at regular intervals to provide appropriate lateral bracing
- Vertical side and gable walls and planar roof surfaces provide for interface with standard doors, mechanical systems and allow alternate wall cladding materials
- Foundation requirements for Rubb structures are typically lower than for traditional metal and concrete construction, largely due to the ability of our structures to withstand moderate differential foundation settlement
- Factory certified technicians and crews experienced and trained in equipment operation, rigging, first aid and safety
- Site work conducted per OSHA standards, excellent site safety experience
Proven Track Record in North America
- No structural failures of our building range products since our founding in 1983
- Rubb building range products have survived category 3+ hurricane force winds, earthquakes, heavy snows and severe fires without a structural failure. In isolated cases damage has occurred to the membrane cladding. This is typically repaired or replaced quickly and cost effectively as compared to other types of construction
- Rugged, dependable and fully relocatable with low life cycle costs