What's in a Rubb Aircraft Hangar? ...Total Quality
See what separates Rubb from the rest.
Hangars for Commercial Airlines and Military Aircraft
Reduced overall project time and low cost are attractive benefits of our commercial aircraft hangars. To many clients, the ability to relocate an aircraft hangar anywhere in the world is an important attribute of a Rubb building.
From large span commercial airline hangars to easily relocatable helicopter hangars, Rubb provides cost effective, relocatable structures for military and commercial customers.
Even the largest aircraft hangar buildings we have created can be air freighted in sections. Factory prefabricated modules are easily handled without the need for the very heavy lift capability which is usually required for a building of this size.
Rubb has delivered aircraft hangars to commercial airlines, governments, and private individuals worldwide. Our projects include:
- AirTran Aircraft Hangar - Atlanta, Georgia - The Airtran Hangar in Atlanta, Georgia can accommodate two Boeing 717s side-by-side for full maintenance services.
- United Airlines - Boston, Massachussetts - The United Airlines Hangar at Logan Airport in Boston functions as a line-maintenance hangar for Boeing 777 aircraft.
- Bagram Airfield - Afghanistan - Rubb collaborated with Cocoon, Inc. to develop a C-130 aircraft maintenance hangar to provide critical equipment maintenance for the Army Corps of Engineers.
In the competitive world of commercial and military aviation, Rubb aircraft hangars provide major advantages over other structures. They can be cost effectively extended or reduced in size or even relocated to another site to respond to changing logistical considerations. For military aviation, rapid installation in almost any environment or terrain can be of vital importance.
Rubb Aircraft Hangars - Features and Benefits:
There are a variety of hangar door arrangements, from electrically operated multi-leaf types, to folding doors, to our latest innovation - the Trident Door - which is offered on our REH or Rapid Erect Hangar for military use.
Our membrane-clad hangars offer several advantages over traditional hangars:
- Translucent Roofs provide natural light in the building - creating a better working environment and controlling operational costs.
- Fabric Structures offer greater flexibility in building form - the ease of expansion and creativity in design associated with engineered fabric buildings are perfect for Airport/ Aircraft hangars that need to be both architecturally pleasing and operationally efficient.
- Clear Span Buildings offer the maximum usable floor space.
- Efficient and quick construction makes Rubb aircraft hangars more affordable. Pre-engineering and pre-fabricating the structure off site minimizes the negative impact associated with any on site construction project. Start times for interior work are also facilitated more quickly.
- Our aircraft hangars can be resold, relocated and reused. They are factory prefabricated and are easily erected using basic tools and appropriate lifting gear.